Background Image for Header:
Please use the links on this page for University tax-related needs, such as the University's sales and use tax exemption certificates, W-9 information and other information as listed below.
- Business Registration Licenses
- WVU Beckley Business Registration License
- WVU Research Corporation Business Registration
- IRS Determination Letters
- Sales and use Tax Exemption Certificates
2) Vendor Information
3) Employee and Student Information
- Student Tax Information
- Payments to Students
- 1098-T Information
- W8-BEN Form: Give this form to the withholding agent or payer if you are a foreign person and you are the beneficial owner of an amount subject to withholding. Submit Form W-8 BEN when requested by the withholding agent or payer whether or not you are claiming a reduced rate of, or exemption from, withholding
- Providing a gift card in exchange for a service such as for human subject projects, completing a questionnaire, or participation in another type of project is considered income by the IRS. Please advise the individual up front that they are receiving a taxable income. Additionally, there may be a reporting requirement by WVU and/or WVU Research Corporation depending upon the amount of the gift card and/or if the recipient is a WVU and/or WVU Research Corporation employee.